Whether your cases involve medical malpractice, personal injury, elder and dependent adult abuse, sexual assault, Medicare or billing fraud, third-party liability and virtually any kind of errant medical billing, an attorney’s initial request is usually for a medical record review including root-cause analysis. For adverse medical events, the LNC needs to explore the facts, interview physicians and other medical staff to try and determine what exactly happened, and why, and how to prevent any such future recurrence – a role that may also include suggestions that could assist the affected parties.
Therefore, being able to quickly and thoroughly organize information and screen the case for merit is critical to both plaintiffs and defendants and in determining whether or not to invest more time and money in pursuing litigation.
MasterFile’s unique combination of case analysis, chronology and evidence management features let you, the LNC, do it all with ease:
- Evaluate cases that have a medical component
- Manage a vast amount of medical records and data for review with ease
- Analyze the medical chronology to find patterns and relationships
- Link facts in the medical chronology to the case’s legal issues
- Link to expert testimony in speciality areas of medicine
- Conduct medical legal research
- Prepare for interrogatories, depositions and trial
MasterFile touts, and reality demonstrates you can find virtually any document within the collection with three keystrokes. — Richard S Demarest