MasterFile unites multiple tools for litigation into one easy-to-use workspace that lets you
- Manage key documents & transcripts
- Share work product to craft your argument
- Build chronology & organize facts
- Streamline preparation for hearings
- Set out argument linked to probative evidence, and
- Print customized reports.
See how MasterFile’s Fact Management system
- shows you at a glance how your case is shaping up, where you’re on solid ground, where you’re exposed, and where work’s needed,
- lets you set out your arguments and make your case,
- lets you develop chronologies and chart the timelines with TimeMap®.
See how MasterFile’s unique workspace lets you find exactly what you need when you need it.
If you know something about what you are looking for, like the author or issue or document type, you can find almost anything in MasterFile by simply browsing to it in 2 or 3 clicks.
Or, you can search using a simple Google-like tool or MasterFile’s sophisticated query builder that makes even complex queries simple to state, enabling you to quickly pinpoint probative material. Search across all documents, transcripts, your notes, argument, facts and issues for relevant information, specific files or selected material. You can modify many parameters such as date ranges, Bates numbers, document type, deponent, etc. to refine your searches further.
See how to extract key information from documents, transcripts and emails, etc. And link them to issues.
Extracts are also used to add information and substantiate facts, events and argument which is shown in our “Advanced case analysis, managing facts and issues, setting out your case” video, above.
Walks you through setting up a MasterFile database. Learn the key tasks to get started: creating the database, loading documents, creating extracts and issues, and more.
Follow this video install the Lotus Domino server — it’s fast and it’s easy. This video is used alongside the PDF guide “Install Notes+MasterFile for Domino server users”.
This video walks you through registering Domino users — a quick 2 minute process — so they can access MasterFile databases stored on Domino servers. It also covers renaming users and how to temporarily prevent a user from accessing the server.
This video shows you how to
- grant users access to a MasterFile database,
- control access to individual documents, extracts or facts,
- lock profiles for extended periods with check in/out, and
- use MasterFile’s “Global add/remove” and “Global replace” to make bulk corrections to profile security.
How to connect standalone Notes/MasterFile workstations in your office to your Domino Server and access MasterFile databases stored there.
See how to manage your work such as correspondence, research, pleadings, etc.
See how to use MasterFile’s Express Load to easily load small, medium or large batches of documents.
See how to use the E-mail Loader to easily load e-mails from your own other Notes or Outlook mail boxes or data from other Notes databases.
See how to convert CaseMap cases to MasterFile’s integrated document and fact repository using MasterFile’s automated CaseMap® Importer.
See how easy it is to create doc-links to facts, evidence, research, external reference MasterFile databases, documents and facts in other case files, etc.
See how MasterFile’s integration with Notes or Outlook lets you effortlessly collaborate with your team to review documents, extracts, facts or argument even when on the road.
See how to OCR or convert desktop application file formats and images into PDF for full-text indexing and searching.
See how to produce documents in native format, PDF or TIF image for disclosure, add Bates stamps and more.
See how to
- print column or digest reports
- create tables of views in Word or Excel.
Be more effective with MasterFile – a true, small-firm platform for simple document management through complex litigation that replaces CaseMap, Concordance, & Relativity, etc.